With the kids going back to school, after school activities starting up, unexpected medical emergencies, and getting ready for an out-of-state wedding, I’m a disorganized mess and didn’t prepare a post.
I feel so naked.
Instead, here are links to some pretty cool stuff that I hope you’ll find interesting.
- When you set a goal, instead of obsessing about what you’ll have to give up, Cranston Holden suggests looking at it a different way.
- David Mansaray has a unique viewpoint in his post The Misunderstood Nature of Practice: Why Everything You Know About Practice is Wrong and How to Practice Effectively
- Maria Popova at Brain Pickings (an awesome website I can’t recommend highly enough) has a post on the four stages of creativity.
- Do you like Terry Pratchetts’s Discworld series? I found this cool poster by Krzysztof K. Kietzman at lspace.org suggesting a reading order and showing the relationships between the different groups within the series.
- For you writers out there, Ali Luke at Aliventures explains why traditional productivity advice doesn’t work with creative pursuits and what to do instead: Finding Time — or Making Time — To Write
- If you like podcasts, you might like Speculate! The Speculative Fiction Podcast for Writers, Readers, and Fans. I’ve been listening to these guys when I get a chance and they are excellent.
Hopefully, something in this list will be helpful to you! Have a great week!